"Beware the ides of March" is one of the more famous lines from the William Shakespeare classic Julius Caesar. And while that particular line is meant as a warning to the Roman king, most of March isn't much of anything. Maybe a birthday, maybe an anniversary, but for most of us it's just a regular day. But since the ides of March are right around the corner we thought we should heed that Soothsayer's warning and countdown the Top Ten Hottest Shakespeare Babes.
Now for this list, we decided that we were only going to pick from true film adaptions of the original texts. Which of course means we are leaving off some hotties, but there were still plenty to choose from. So, let's not ask the question to be or not to be, but instead ask who's hot and who's hotter. Let's dim the lights, raise the curtain, and start the show.
10. Olivia Hussey as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet (1968)
9. Amy Acker as Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing (2012)
8. Julia Stiles as Ophelia in Hamlet (2000)
7. Emma Thompson as Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
6. Emily Mortimer as Katherine in Love's Labour's Lost (2000)
5. Kamilla Baar as Ophelia in Hamlet (2004)
4. Felicity Jones as Miranda in The Tempest (2010)
3. Kate Beckinsale as Hero in Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
2. Claire Danes as Juliet in Romeo + Juliet (1996)
And the #1 Hottest Shakespeare Babe is... Kate Winslet as Ophelia in Hamlet (1996)
There you have it, our picks for hottest of all the Shakespeare babes. Pirthy, I pray you have not found office. But if thou does, let thy thorns of rage stab at thee below!