In the 90s They Used Pen and Paper When Sexting!
It’s hard to believe that the 1990s were 20 years ago. So many things have changed, from music to clothing, and let’s not forget the huge leaps in technology. But have you ever wondered how different sex is now than it was 20 years ago? Here are some fun facts:
Now, I’m sure some of these facts will be questioned, and you can find all the sources if you want, they are listed on the article page on The Huffington Post, but here are some highlights:
- People are getting on as much as they were in 1990s as today, ranging anywhere from 0 to two to three times a week.
- The pill and condoms are still the mostly widely used forms of contraceptives.
- Viagra prescriptions have gone from 500,000 in 1998 to 7.4 million in 2014.
- Women are masturbating more often and more of them own sex toys.
- And the least surprising fact “sexting” is more popular now than in the 1990s, but that’s mostly due to the fact cellphones weren’t a normal thing back then.
From all of these facts, one could say that we are little more open about our sexuality and sexual habits than we were in the 90s, but as with all studies, you have to take the results with a grain of salt. Still, the numbers are rather positive and it gives one hope that we are inching closer to a sex positive world.
You can check all the facts in the image below.