AVN Releases Statement Regarding James Deen's Nominations

December 2, 2015 | Posted in Pornstars by holly-kingstown

null

AVN Says Deen Gets To Keep His Nominations

AVN has released the following statement regarding performer/director/producer James Deen's nominations for the 2016 AVN Awards.

"The allegations that have been leveled against James Deen have no bearing on the AVN Awards nominations announced last month. Any nominations involving Deen himself or his production company are based on work produced over the eligibility period. They do not reflect an official position on any other matter involving James Deen."

Deen is nominated for many major awards including Male Performer of the Year and Director of the Year.  The AVN Awards is scheduled to take place on January 23, 2016 at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.  The show will be hosted by reigning Female Performer of the Year Anikka Albrite and Burning Angel co-founder Joanna Angel.

Deen has been accused of rape and/or sexual assault by performers Stoya, Tori Lux, Kora Peters and Ashley Fires, along with an anonymous woman who told her story to the blog LAist.

If you need to talk to someone about a sexual assault you have survived or if you need to talk about someone about how to best support a survivor of rape/sexual abuse, you can safely and confidentially call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-656-4673 or visit RAINN.org.

 

Tagged in: avn , avn awards , james deen , nominees ,

Comments