February 6, 2015 | Posted in Editorial Features by
Drummer Phil Varone is known and loved by millions for many of his different talents. His band Saigon Kick earned a gold record for their album "The Lizard" and they hit the top ten with "Love Is On The Way". He also performed notably with Skid Row for four years and while they toured the world with Kiss, Poison and Def Leppard. He quit Skid Row to try acting and comedy and he has been seen on Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew, Californication and Celebrity Ghost Stories. In 2010, Vivid released "Phil Varone's Secret Sex Stash" where he performed with porn star groupies and he directs excellent amateur/swinger releases for Vivid now. His upcoming release is "100% Real Swingers: Las vegas". He has his own line of sex toys through California Exotic Novelties He has rejoined Saigon Kick and rocks on, as always. Here are his answers to twenty questions.
1) What is the best moment you have ever had as a musician?
There are so many great moments that come to mind, but in a whole, getting to tour and become friends with my idols are the coolest moments.
2) Were you a porn fan before you got into the industry? Who were your favorite porn stars/favorite porn movies?
I was and still am a huge fan of porn. I’m a big fan of retro porn these days since that’s what I grew up on. I love the old movies because they were shot on film. My favorite porn stars were Kay Parker, Seka, Debi Diamond, Christy Canyon, Sharon Mitchell, Tori Welles, Desiree Cousteau to name a few.
3) What do you think shaped you into the sexually strong man that we see in your porno?
I have no idea who you’re talking about, I have to take a knee during sex! Ha..
4) What/who do you want to do on-camera that you haven’t done yet?
I just did it actually, I wrote a directed a new movie called Taboo Fantasy Series Presents – The Jones’. I shot it with movie cameras and it’s my first feature length scripted adult movie. I just wrapped on it and start editing this week. I’m very excited for this series as we are planning many movies over the next years. This movie stars and introduces Zoe Wood. A beautiful 18 year old who will be a huge star.
5) Who is your favorite female performer to work with and why?
Because I shoot Vivid’s 100% Real Swinger series and I use real people, I haven’t shot too many actual porn stars. I look forward to working with many in the upcoming years.
6) You are very active on Twitter. What do you like most about your fans?
Without the fans, we don’t exist. It’s great to get the feedback from the true fans. With social media there will always be the coward that talks shit, but we have learned to not pay attention to these sad attention seekers. These are the same people that are first in line to get an autograph.
7) What’s your favorite position to fuck a woman in and why does it get you off?
Missionary because it’s the best view.
8) What do you like most about swingers?
I just like open minded people that don’t get hung up on sex. Sex between swingers is not the same as sex between you and your significant other. Vanillas don’t understand that concept, but they will cheat on one another instead. Makes no sense.
9) What is one thing you would teach another man who wanted to be a better sexual partner?
Ha.. I’m no expert in sex, I just shoot it. I’m not a great lay in any sense of the word. I will say that you should always discuss what each of you like sexually before you have sex. Also, be open to getting instructions from your sexual partner so you can please them to the fullest.
10) How has your life changed since you started being in porn?
Life hasn’t changed at all. I love what I do and it’s no different than when I play a concert with my band Saigon Kick or write books. Just having fun.
11) What movies of yours would you say are ones that are “must-owns” for your fans?
Any of the 100% Real Swinger series as well as the Groupie Series. This year Vivid is releasing one movie a month of mine and they are all great! My editing partner and I go the extra mile to make them entertaining and try to eliminate the fast forward button. Hope your readers will check them out at www.philvaronessecretsexstash.com.
12) What can fans expect from you, on the music front?
Saigon Kick is heading out on a summer tour as of now. Music is fun and more of a hobby these days, so there is no big plans other than shows.
13) How does being a pornographer reconcile with the work you did with Dr. Drew?
Well, the show was casted and fake. I was a Rock Star that slept with groupies, that’s about it. My actual sex life is nothing like when I toured and although sex addiction is very real, the producers of that show were going for a pure entertainment angle and failed. I will say that Dr. Drew is an amazing guy and I have nothing but respect for him. He truly gives a shit about people.
14) What is your favorite from your line of toys from California Exotic Novelties?
The vibrating drum stixx are amazing and of course the mold of my penis named the Dr. Philgood. I love everyone at Calexotics and their ideas for my toy line were brilliant. I feel very fortunate to have a toy line. The great part about having my own dildo is I can DP a girl all by myself. Ha.
15) What is the best mainstream movie you have seen recently?
16) How about the best porno movie? Is there someone whose movies you like to watch who is working now?
The best porno movie is anything I directed of course! Ha. I’ve been watching more of the erotic movies lately. Script driven and acting. I know, I know, many people say boring, but I love those. We are missing the erotic side and only a hand full of studios are shooting them. I look forward to shooting more.
17) What is something that you know about Dr. Drew that fans of his don’t know?
He’s a genuine guy that cares about people and it’s not a TV act. He has helped my friends over the years with treatment and when I called him, he called me right back to help. I appreciate that and to me he’s one of the good ones.
18) If you could fuck any celebrity, who would it be?
19) After all of your years in porn and rock, is there anything you would want to do differently if you had a second chance?
I don’t think you could do anything differently because it takes the experience to realize what you would have done differently. All in all, I’m very grateful and happy these days and use my knowledge to move forward in a positive, fun way and hope to not make that many mistakes in the process.
20) Is there anything you want to say to your fans here at Fleshbot?
Just thank you to everyone for all the support and I hope they continue to support not only me and my ventures, but the music and adult world in general. It’s filled with artists and great ideas just waiting to be seen and heard.
All of the images with these appear courtesy of Vivid. Be sure to pick up "100% Real Swingers: Las Vegas" when it comes out on DVD and VOD!