2010 was a year full of great toy variety over at Fleshbot. We found toys for solo use, play with your partner, anal, edible, and alien. It’s a little lower-tech than last year, but there’s nothing wrong with that.
As the year comes to an end, we’ve gone back and looked at all our reviews to determine which toys we felt truly deserve to be applauded. The product of heated debate and sleepless nights, here are our picks for top toys of 2010.
10) The Butterfly Kiss Vibrator from Goodvibes’ “Under The Mistletoe” Holiday Gift Kit: Despite its Lisa Frank-esque appearance, the Butterfly Kiss vibrator overcame all odds (purple, glittery, one-button control) to rise to the top of this holiday gift set, which we sincerely hope was stuffed in more than one stocking. The dual stimulation was unrivaled.
9) The Alien Fleshlight: It’s blue, it’s got two alien clitorises (clitori?) and it goes with “This Ain’t Avatar XXX.” What’s not to love? (Except the movie itself.) The Alien Fleshlight even beat out our beloved Stoya’s, and that’s saying something. Apparently, the alien factor makes it even more enjoyable!
8) The Romeo Anal Toy from Goodvibes’ “Up The Chimney” Gift Kit: The only anal toy on our list, the Romeo not only bears a fantastic name but beat out the other anal dildo in Goodvibes’ appropriately named kit. A great pick for beginners who haven’t quite ventured deep into ass territory.
7) Lelo’s Intima Silk Blindfold and Sutra Chainlink Cuffs: A unique, luxurious experience in bondage, Lelo’s blindfold and cuffs are some of our higher-priced recommendations. But for those of you looking to class up your sex play, they’re worth every penny. Not only beautiful but also highly functional, we’d be thrilled to bring these into our bedroom anytime.
6) The Awesome Blossom: This was really the year of the glass dildo, with this being the first of two on our list. The Awesome Blossom is stunningly beautiful as well as highly stimulating, with the green glass ribbing bringing some serious friction into your masturbatory experience. Those of you with dishwashers don’t even have to worry about it being difficult to clean!
5) Bzzz Buddies’ “Frisky” **BEST BUY**: Like a Hello Kitty vibe on steroids, we found the Frisky to be super-fun, if a tad unsettling. Easy to use, plastic, and punchy, the Frisky’s interchangeable caps and straightforward mechanics made it one of our favorites for the year.
4) Trojan’s “Tri-Phoria” **BEST DISCREET TOY**: Despite our initial skepticism, Trojan pulled through with a vibe unusually suited for play with a partner. It’s often difficult to find vibrators to bring into bed, rather than those best for solo use, so we were pleased to find a toy to fill that, ahem, hole in our collection.
3) Jimmy Jane’s Form 3 **BEST LUXURY TOY**: It’s impossible to compile a list of top toys without including something from the folks over at Jimmy Jane. We waxed poetic about the Form 2, and similarly gushed over the Form 3, in more ways than one. Sleek and delicate-yet-powerful, the Form 3 tops our holiday wishlist.
2) Babeland’s Edible Body Chocolate: A late addition to our list, this edible body chocolate needed to be included for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that it actually tastes good. A far cry from the crappy Hershey’s syrup of other body chocolates, Babeland delivers an erotic treat that’s also organic, fair trade and vegan.
1) Twisted Rose Glass Dildo: At last, another beautiful, functional, highly stimulating glass dildo. The second of our glass picks is such an excellent stimulator of the g-spot that our editor was lost for words. And believe us, that never, ever happens, to any of us.
Worst Toy of 2010: The Ballz Gag: Maybe we’re just not well-versed enough in the world of BDSM paraphernalia, but we couldn’t for the life of us figure out how this was even supposed to function. Perhaps one of you can try it and report back, but in the meantime we’ll be satisfied with gags that don’t involve rogue testicles slipping around.